How to Sign Up For ESPN Plus [Guide]
You must have already heard about the amazing new streaming service of ESPN that was launched last year. It is known to be the champion of all sports channels for years, for its high-quality broadcast and amazing coverage. Just like sports buffs essentially need the said channel on their channel lineup, they also want to sign up for ESPN +.
We are ushered into the new era of this sort of content delivery via streaming services. However, we are going to discuss all the features but you should know that it’s not a substitute for your ESPN channel. This streaming service is not going to be the same as ESPN on Spectrum.
However, if you are a cord-cutter, it is your best choice. You can have this streaming service to access live programming and content via mobiles, tablets, computers, and other gadgets. The said streaming service is different from the rest in some basic ways. Tag along to know all that you need to know about ESPN Plus.
How to Create an ESPN Plus Account?
You can sign up for the service through their mobile app or either via compute.
Signing up via the ESPN App
Signing up is mandatory to stream the content of this app. Depending upon the device that you are using, you will have to follow certain steps.
If you want to have it on a smartphone, know that you cannot access content on ESPN+ with the “Watch ESPN App.” You need to essentially download the app. The App that is used primarily to see highlights and scores. Also, the app called “Watch ESPN” is used still in many cases as a substitute for TV for subscribers to enjoy TV anywhere.
You need to have an ESPN account to access the content. We have simplified the steps for you:
- Download the ESPN App on your device.
- Create a login.
- You can choose to ESPN sign in with an email id or with Facebook.
- Next, you will have to follow Facebook prompts or your email address.
- Add your payment info and required credit card credentials.
- Simply click on the Play button.
- You can also access the content by clicking on the tab that says “Introducing ESPN+.”
- Click any video to start the free preview and then you’ll be prompted.
Signing up Via a Computer
If you want to use your computer or a laptop to use this streaming app, you will probably need to give in a lot of info and that means a lot of typing. Let us give you an easier way to go about things.
- Go to the website here.
- Find the profile icon on the page.
- Click the said icon.
- Now you can log in.
- You can sign in with an existing account Or, you can sign up for ESPN Plus for a new one.
- If you have an expired account or you have forgotten your credentials, go to the forgot password and username section.
- If you are signing up, create an account using your Facebook or email. We would recommend using email.
- Also, be careful about entering the password. Do not use your email id’s password.
- Instead, create a new one that you want to use for this app/site.
- The last step would be following directions to enter the credit card credentials and payment info.
How Much Does ESPN+ Cost?
Everyone needs to know the pricing features before they subscribe to a service. Traditional cable packages such as Spectrum bundles cost a lot and that’s why cord-cutting is on a rise. You can choose from three subscription models. Here is all that you need to know:
- The basic subscription costs $4.99/mo or$49.99/yr.
- If you opt for the expensive upfront, the annual subscription model would save you around $10 a year.
- Keep a keen eye on limited time offers and occasional deals. You can save more!
- They would allow you to bundle up yearly ESPN+ subscriptions with the UFC (Pay-Per-View).
- For those who are a fan of both, you can take advantage of these opportunities and save some bucks.
Remember that if you want to view live channels, you will still need a billing TV subscription. The subscription has to be from satellite, cable, or a live streaming service. ESPN+ would act as a gatekeeper as it requires users to access live viewing by signing in with the TV provider account.
The best part is that if you think that the said service is not meeting your entertainment needs, you can simply cancel the subscription whenever you want. There are no contracts and term agreements involved. No strings attached!
How do I watch ESPN+?
Now that you have figured out how to create an ESPN account, let’s know about on which gadgets you can watch the content of the said streaming app. The app is supported on almost every platform and device. Let’s list them down.
- Android Phone, Tablet & TV
- Fire TV & Fire Tablet
- iPhone & iPad
- Apple TV
- Samsung Smart TVs
- Roku Players & TV
- Oculus Go
- Xbox One
- PlayStation 4
Platforms like Vizio’s SmartCast and LG’s WebOS are to be added soon. Vizio owners can make use of the built-in Chromecast for now. Not that there are no international plans offered at this time. You have to be in the United States to watch it. So, if you are abroad, you won’t be able to access the service. However, a VPN might help.
For iOS devices, download the ESPN+ app via iTunes, and Android users can download it from the Play Store.
Catch Top Sports
You can watch the FA Cup, which is the oldest tournament in the world for the domestic cup. The app also gives you access to sports news, scores, podcasts, sports radio, an on-demand library, and some exclusive content and programming that is not available on the cable channels. You get to watch the following sports and events:
- MLS games
- College Sports
- Top Rank Boxing
- PGA Golf
- Grand Slam Tennis
- United Soccer League
- Canadian Football League
- UEFA Nations League games
- English Football League
For those who prefer traditional cable TV experience, we can’t blame them because it remains to be the most smoothly-broadcasted and easily accessible mode of enjoying sports. Getting in touch with Spectrum customer care would be their right course of action. While those who are into streaming and prefer watching their stuff on their gadgets, should create an ESPN Plus login, download the app, and watch sports as much as they want.
The above prices and details are accurate at the time of this writing. Prices are subject to change at any time by the provider.