Is Spectrum Sound Not Working? Here’s a Quick Troubleshoot
Imagine turning on the TV to watch the latest episode of a new TV series you are hooked to, but you can’t hear the sound. What could be more frustrating than this! The subscribers of Spectrum cable can relate to this. Spectrum sound not working is a common error and probably its solution is what you are looking for here. Don’t fret, just read on!
Check the TV Sound First
Before learning how to fix the “no sound audio” issue with the digital box, it’s important to check your TV sound to be sure it’s not mute. Here is what you must do:
- Turn up the volume to the highest level
- Press the mute button from your remote
- Switch to a different channel
- Turn on the sound
If this doesn’t work, something else is wrong.
Troubleshooting the Sound on Spectrum TV
Whether you have Spectrum Digi tier 1 or 2, here are some ways to troubleshoot this issue:
1: Reset the TV box
The simplest technique to fix the “Spectrum sound not working” problem, reset your TV box.
- Turn off the TV box
- Detach the power cable from the unit
- Remove the wall outlet as well
- Wait for 30 seconds
- Reconnect the power cable and the power source
- Wait for two minutes for the TV box to reboot
- Turn on the TV box and test the sound
2: Issue with the HDMI Audio
Whenever you are struggling with sound, the first thing you should check is the HDMI audio output. There are good chances; it’s the cause.
Start by disabling the HDMI audio output on the DVR. Set it to the Dolby digital setting. Then, set the receiver to the audio source optical. This should do the trick.
3: Switch to Optical Cables
Faulty cables can be the culprit as well. If you are using traditional coaxial and HDMI cable and experiencing trouble with the sound quality, this could be a sign that you need an upgrade. Get optical cables to improve the reception of the audio signals.
4: Optimize the Stereo Output
Is that the audio is working on some channels and not the words? This means you need to optimize the stereo output on the Spectrum digital receiver and restore the audio. Follow these steps for a quick fix:
- From your remote, press the menu
- Go to settings and choose “setup”.
- Select “audio setup”
- From there, optimize the audio setting
- Once you are done, press OK
5: Update the Firmware of your TV
Sometimes, the problem is not with Spectrum but with the firmware of your smart TV. Make sure they are updated. This could solve HDCP issues, as well.
Some Quick Remedies to Take
Whenever you encounter the issue of “Spectrum sound not working”, before calling customer support, try these things out:
- Make sure you connect the coaxial cable to the receiver.
- Also, ensure that the cable is secure to the wall
- If there is another piece of equipment connected to the coaxial cable, connect the cable directly.
- Connect the HDMI cable from the receiver to the TV directly. Remove all additional equipment.
- Ensure there is no outage in your area
When you have tried and tested all the steps shared above and the sound hasn’t restored, it could be a technical problem. If one of your friends has Spectrum Digi tier 2 or any other package, call them up to ask if they face the same issue. If not, then you must get professional help.
However, it’s always best to confirm there is no service outage before you contact Spectrum customer service. This would save everyone the hassle. When you call support, let them know you have reset the cable box and tried other remedies. An agent will troubleshoot the problem and schedule an appointment with a technician to inspect the receiver by visiting your place.