How to Manage Subscribed Channels on Spectrum: A Complete Guide
Life can sometimes become really hectic. There’s a lot that is going on and one may often find themselves struggling with worries and anxieties generated by home chores or office workload. And during such a situation, it’s understandable if you cannot find enough time to just unwind and relax during the day. However, once you are through with your daily tasks, it is natural to look for ways to refresh your spirit. And there could be nothing better than to binge-watch your favorite television shows.
There are many on-demand streaming platforms like Netflix, and Amazon Prime but cable TV is still as popular as ever. And when a provider such as Spectrum offers you many exciting features, it becomes almost impossible for anyone to think about cutting the cord. This is why many Americans prefer Charter cable over any other service. As a Spectrum subscriber, you can expect your cravings for sports, films, and shows to be taken care of. However, to make the most of this experience, you should know your way around the extensive channel lineup. But if you don’t then there is no need to worry as this article is going to help you organize your subscribed channels on Spectrum.
An Easy Way to Manage Subscribed Channels on Spectrum
Most of the people across the United States are subscribers to the internet and their cable TV services. And why shouldn’t they be? After all, this company goes above and beyond in fulfilling their needs and making sure that they stay happy and content. They also offer some great packages which shows just how committed they are in delivering people the value for their money. If you are a new subscriber, you will soon know what makes their channel lineup one of the major highlights of their TV service. Also, you will be given access to the Spectrum app which would allow you to enjoy shows no matter where you are.
However, if there is one thing that can be cumbersome for the new customers, it is how to manage subscribed channels on Spectrum. After all, if you have opted for the basic deal i.e., Spectrum Select, you will be surprised to know that it offers more than 125 channels. Then there is the Spectrum Silver package which offers 175. And lastly, the Gold deal offers as many as 200 channels. This means that you should have a tool that can allow you to sort channels so you may access your favorite ones without any hassles.
To help you organize your channels, the company has introduced an interactive Spectrum TV Guide. This is a smart tool that can allow you to gain access to your network favorites in no time.
The Spectrum TV Guide Features
The Spectrum TV guide is highly interactive and gives you access to all of your programming choices on a single platform. It is equipped with all the functionalities which can make your TV watching experience fun.
- Tap the menu button on the remote to access Spectrum TV Guide. You will find different options here – Guide, Search, My Library, Video Store, Movies, TV Shows, and Settings & Support.
- The Search feature will let you find the program if you enter the title of a show or a name of an actor.
- If you select Guide then you will be able to browse through the program listing. There is also the option of Guide Options which you can use to sort networks with different filters.
- My Library is where you will find recently watched movies or TV shows, DVR recordings, your channel favorites, and programs that are currently on your Watchlist.
- If you hit the Video Store option then here you will find Spectrum Originals.
- You will also notice the icon that says Apps on the main menu. This option will take you to different applications like YouTube or Netflix. You can use these apps to stream content by using your Spectrum internet.
- The Settings & Support feature would give you access to Accessibility, and Parental Controls.
How to Create A Favorite List on Spectrum
There is a Favorites option on Spectrum which would allow you to access your subscribed channels without blog/my-spectrum-internet-is-down any issues. Here is how you can create a favorite list.
- Hit the Menu button on your remote
- Now go to Guide
- Scroll through Guide till you find a favorite channel
- You will now have to press the left arrow button to highlight the option and then hit OK
- A new screen will appear with options View Listings, View On-Demand, Watch Channel, and Favorite. You can press Favorite and then hit OK
- Once you have done this, you will notice a heart symbol next to your favorite channel.
2 Ways to Access Your Favorites
After you have added a channel to your favorite list, the next step is to find out how you can access it. Well, there are two ways for you to do so and here they are
1. Getting Access to Favorites through My Library
- Open the Menu and head to My Library
- Scroll your way down to Favorites and then press the left arrow button to select View All.
You will now be able to view all of the channels that you made your favorite.
2. Getting Access to Favorites through Guide Options
- Press Menu and then go to Guide. You can then hit Guide Options.
- There will be a Filter Channels menu. You will need to head over to it and then hit it. A number of filters will now be displayed – All Channels, Movies, Sports, Kids & Family, and Favorites.
- Select Favorites and now your favorite channels will start appearing in the Program Guide
Spectrum customers don’t have to worry about when it comes to managing your subscribed channels on Spectrum. This is because the company takes care of this matter by giving you complete control over your television. Also, the Spectrum TV Guide is there to help you out whenever you feel lost. Moreover, if you need assistance then you can always talk to their customer service and they will be more than happy to guide you. And while you are at it, you can ask about different Spectrum WiFi plans so that you may enjoy all the entertaining content on the Spectrum app without any problems.