A Guide to Resetting Your Spectrum Router
Internet issues can occur at any time. It’s something that is inevitable. Also, you may think that you are subscribed to a decent provider like Charter Spectrum but guess what? You will still encounter connectivity issues. Not having access to the internet is frustrating. After all, you won’t be able to do your online activities. Imagine spending a day without using the social media platforms like Instagram and Facebook. Sounds nightmarish, right?
Well, even though it is true that internet issues are quite unpredictable, you will be delighted to know that is a solution to fix them. And that is to restore Spectrum modem. It’s a simple way to get the connection back. Moreover, did you know that resetting the modem is actually good for your online security!
How to Restore Spectrum Modem
Now that you know the solution to the problem, you may wonder how to restore Spectrum Internet connection. Well, the entire process is really simple. And it will not take you much time to do it. All you have to do is to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Plug your modem out from the power source.
- If there are any batteries, then remove them.
- Next, you have to pull the power cord out from the Spectrum router.
- Now, wait for at least a minute and let the devices cool down.
- Put the batteries back into the modem if there are any.
- Plug your modem into the power source.
- Let the modem take its time to power up and reboot.
- Once it starts functioning, you will see the status lights turn on.
- Plug your router into the power source and wait for a couple of minutes for it to start.
- When the status lights on your router become stable, your device will be connected to the internet.
After completing these steps, you should try connecting your device like a laptop or smartphone to the internet and see if everything is fine.
Resetting Your Modem & Spectrum Router Combo
There is no need to get confused. You can restore Spectrum modem and router just as easily. However, the one difference is that it is applicable to the router/modem combo device, also known as a gateway. Here is how to do it:
- Remove the modem or gateway from the power source.
- Take out the batteries if there are any.
- Now, wait for at least a minute before you put the batteries back inside if there are any.
- Plug your gateway or modem into the power source.
- Wait till the device starts. It can take about two minutes.
- Notice the status lights.
- If they turn on and become stable, then it means that you are connected to the internet.
You can now check if you are able to use the internet. If yes, then kudos! You can browse the web or stream your favorite shows. And if not, then try contacting your provider. There may be a chance of Spectrum internet outage in your location.
Steps to Reset Spectrum Router Online
If you don’t want to hard reset the router, you can do it manually! But won’t it be hard to fix Spectrum modem that way? Absolutely not! In fact, the provider has made the process so simple, that people who are not technically versed can do it too! Here’s how to restore Spectrum modem online.
- Log into your Spectrum App or your Spectrum Account.
- You can now hover to the Services tab.
- Here, you will notice an option that says Services & Equipment.
- Select internet.
- Navigate to the router, modem, or gateway you wish to reset.
- Now select the option that says, “Experiencing Issues?”
- Hit Reset Equipment.
And voila! You have successfully reset the modem online. This will fix the Spectrum internet issue, allowing you to do all of your online tasks with ease.
What If Resetting the Modem Doesn’t Work?
It’s possible that you continue to face the connectivity issue despite resetting the router. So, what should you do in such a situation? Well, you should reach out to Spectrum internet customer service. The provider has a staff of skilled professionals who will take care of all your technical problems. When you connect with them, it is important to address your issue first so the reps can help you out accordingly.
Sometimes, the issue may arise because you are not using the Spectrum compatible modem. Therefore, it is advised to ask them which modems can work with their service. This will help you select the right device when you subscribe to their internet deal.
Internet problems can sure be annoying. But a simple fix such as restarting the modem can make most of the issues go away. Also, not to forget how this can help make the internet connection more secure. Therefore, you should restore Spectrum modem often so that you can continue to enjoy the provider’s incredible internet service.